Friday, November 7, 2008

let the countdown begin... 19 days...

So I met with my dr again today. He is fabulous. Anyways we went over in details my results.
I have a bunch of prescriptions to fill:
Vit B12 shots (one a week for 3 months)
Prevacid once a day (can take prilosec OTC instead)
Vit D 2000mg (OTC) once a day
Vit D 50,000 3 times a week
Chromagen Forte 2 times a day
And I need to have 5 Venofer Infusions
Also gave me the scripts for the narcotic & suppository for nausea.

I had a hard time giving myself the shot, but I finally did it. I'm wondering how much of this all my insurance will pick up... But regardless I need it and so cost doesn't matter. I was kind of overwhelmed with all the information, and it really feels real now if that makes sense.

Oh and he will remove my gallbladder while he's in there and possibly repair the hernia. He stressed that while we are opting for doing this laprascopically, if the liver has not shrank then it would result in an open procedure. Ugh. So I'm going to start my liquid diet tomorrow and get a head start on it and then one day next week will be a normal diet (while I do the 24 hour UA) and then back to my liquid diet with protein shakes till the day before surgery..... less than 19 days now :) WOO HOO.

2 comments:

Monkey Momma said...

Terri, I am so excited for you! Your day is coming so soon! I am happy to hear that he will remove your gallbladder at the same time, and hopefully repair your hernia! I am praying that you do not have an open procedure! Keep updating us.

Monkey Momma said...

Just wanted to say I have added you to my friends list to keep up with you! Also if you go view my complete profile you will see my family blog listed in there if you want to keep up with my family also!! Take care